(not my picture - I forgot to take one)
This is one of my entertaining staples - I just made them for our grandson's 12th birthday party
12 creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies or 24 vanilla wafer cookies
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa (use good quality for better flavor)
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Line 24 medium standard sized muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- Split sandwich cookies in half. Place 1 cookie half, middle side up, in each cup. Or place 1 wafer cookie, flat side down, in each cup.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in sour cream and sugar.
- Beat in cocoa, eggs (1 at a time), and vanilla until fluffy.
- Divide evenly among cups (cups will be almost full).
- Bake cheesecakes 15 to 20 minutes or until centers are firm. Cool 15 minutes (cheesecake centers will sink while cooling).
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour longer before serving.
- If desired, garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls or berries.