Summer Corn Salad - from lil luna
Summer Corn Salad is a light, flavorful salad filled with corn, tomatoes, feta, basil and cucumber. It's perfect for BBQs and will be a hit at any party!
Recipe type: Salad
· 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
· 1 tablespoon lime juice
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· 1½ cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
· 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
· ½ cup finely chopped cucumber
· 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
· ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
· 2 tablespoons Italian dressing (optional)
1. Whisk together 2 tablespoons of oil, lime juice, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Cooking corn in a skillet with remaining oil until tender. (I didn't cook it, just used some leftover ears of corn plus some frozen, that I cook briefly in the microwave)
3. Pour corn into a large bowl, cool slightly and add tomatoes, cucumber, and basil. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. Right before serving, drizzle with dressing, feta cheese and Italian dressing (if desired). I squeezed a lime over, a little olive oil, some S&P and a splash of Olive Garden Italian dressing.