I love all things pumpkin. This cake is easy and delicious.
Thanks to Kitchen Meets Girl for this wonderful recipe
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 15-ounce can pumpkin
For the Frosting:
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F and spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, and beat at low speed until combined and the batter is smooth.
- Spread batter into pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add in the sugar and milk and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and mix again. Spread over cooled bars. Dust lightly with cinnamon, if desired.