I used this simple browning recipe using oil instead of butter, which is quite expensive. It was easy and delicious!
Recipe is from food.com
The Best Brownies
By Juenessa on February 17, 2003
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup flour
· Preheat oven to 350°.
· Mix oil and sugar until well blended.
· Add eggs and vanilla; stir just until blended.
· Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
· Stir dry ingredients into the oil/sugar mixture.
· Pour into greased 9 x 9 square pan.
· Bake for 20 minutes or until sides just start to pull away from the pan.
· Cool completely before cutting.
Note: I usually double the recipe and bake in a 9 x 13 pan. If you double the recipe, you will need to cook longer than 20 minutes.