Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Best ever fish tacos



Jamie, Dad, and I had fish tacos last night and they were amazing. I searched for some recipes and then just used their ideas and made up my own.

Here's how to make the best ever fish tacos:

Fish

Buy Costco's panko breaded tilapia (frozen) and cook according to package (I used the convection option and it was nice and crispy.

Slaw topping

Finely slice 1/2 small head of green cabbage and 1/4 small head of red cabbage (or whatever you have)
Grate a nice big carrot.

Stir together:
1/3 cup fresh lime juice (I used lemon and vinegar)
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin

Toss with slaw

San Diego-style Fish Taco Sauce

Mix together:
1/2 cup reduced fat reduced fat sour cream ( I used Costco's Greek Yogurt instead)
1/2 cup reduced fat mayonnaise (I used regular)
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
1/2 teaspoon capers, minced (I didn't have any)
1 hot pepper of your choice, seeded and minced (jalapeno is delicious, as are the cherry bomb poppers I used in this batch) (I used hot pepper sauce)
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped (I think I forgot to put this in)

Assemble

Warm corn tortillas, cut fish into pieces, top with sauce and slaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment