Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Quick white chicken chili

I created this quick easy version based on the ingredients I can find here in Ghana

Simmer a chicken breast in chicken stock (I use the "Better than Boullion" brand we brought from the US) seasoned with medium chopped onion, 2 sliced garlic cloves, a bay leaf, and any herb that sounds good.

Remove chicken. Strain broth. These can be refrigerated until you are ready to make the chili.

To make the Chili:

Saute about 1/4 cup chopped onion in a little oil. Add 1/2 tsp cumin and 1/2 tsp oregano. Sauté for a few minutes. Stir in 2 cups of chicken broth (reserved from cooking chicken breasts). Drain and rinse one can baked beans and add to broth. Chop chicken breast and add to soup.

Serve topped with grated cheese and chopped tomatoes.


This was so good - I will definitely double it next time - or triple.

And I might try adding some veggies - some pumpkin?

No comments:

Post a Comment