Sunday, June 17, 2012

Best Pancake Mix















We've already posted twice on this mix - but I wanted to share my favorite, simplified version.

This is so good! It's delicious, quick, and nutritious - a perfect breakfast.

Mix Recipe:

3 cups rolled oats (or substitute nuts or seeds for part)
5 cups whole wheat flour
3 Tbs sugar
3 Tbs baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 Tbs baking soda
1/4 tsp nutmeg (optional)
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)

Put oats (and nuts or seeds, if using)  in blender and grid to a powder.
(I've used flax and sesame seeds for part of the 3 cups of oats. I want to try more variations)

Combine all ingredients and store in refrigerator.


Pancake Recipe:

Combine:
1 cup liquid
1 egg
1 Tbs oil
1 cup mix

The original recipe suggests buttermilk for the liquid but I like to use part Greek yogurt and part milk or water. I like the extra protein. Because this is so think, I add extra water until the batter is the right consistency. You could try juices, soy milk, almond milk, etc.

Cook on a fry pan or griddle and enjoy!

These pancakes are so good you really don't even need syrup. Top with applesauce or other fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment