Thursday, August 9, 2018

Easy Slow Cooker Peach Butter


This has all the flavors of fall - and it's so easy in the slow cooker

Peel and pit peaches (or apples, plums, apricots, pears). Use any amount that will fit in your slow cooked.

Crush or puree gently in the blender (don't turn into juice).

Measure amount of puree and add sugar - 1/2 cup sugar to each cup of puree.
(I used my vitamix so I could measure right on the container)

Add desired spices (see below).

Put in slow cooker with lid propped open so puree can reduce all day until it thickens to the consistency you like. I left mine 10-12 hours.

I poured my Peach Butter into clean half pint jars, added lids and processed in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.

For more info on the canning process - check the National Center for Food Preservation instructions

Optional Spices
For 1 gallon of pulp use any of all of these: 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground allspice, 1/2 tsp cloves and 1/2 tsp ginger.

I was able to fit 1/2 gallon of pulp in my slow cooker so I added a little less than half of these - plus a little salt to boost the taste.

It's absolutely delicious! Can't wait to make some homemade whole wheat bread to spread it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment