From The Best Ever Cookie Collection
Simple Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe for a Small Batch
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease a 8x8-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt with a whisk in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat together the oil and sugar with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture a little at a time, stirring until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (if using).
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown and a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (avoiding chocolate pieces as they will be melty).
- Cool on wire rack.
- Cut into desired size bars.
- Store the cookie bars in the pan covered with foil or plastic wrap or remove them from the pan and place them in an airtight container. These chocolate chip cookie bars freeze well too.
This recipe for Simple Chocolate Chip Bars makes about 12 cookie bars.