That should read - chocolate chaud en Francis
Angelina's is a Patisserie in Paris and is said to have the best hot chocolate in the world.
I was there last week and I agree - if you like a rich decadent treat once in a while. My everyday hot chocolate favorite is on this blog.
I searched for Angelina Hot Chocolate recipes and here are two quite different ones. I haven't tried either yet.
6 ounces chocolate, chopped (fine-quality semisweet or bittersweet)
1/4 cup water, room temperature
3 tablespoons hot water
3 cups hot milk, divided
whipped cream, if desired (optional)
- In a double boiler over low heat, combine chocolate and 1/4 cup water until melted, stir until smooth.
- Remove top of double boiler pan from.
- Whisk in 3 tablespoons hot water.
- Pour into pitcher or divide among individual 4 mugs.
- Either stir 3/4 cup hot milk into each mug or serve milk in a separate pitcher.
- Pass sugar and whipped cream in separate bowls; add to taste.
Paris Angelina’s Chocolat L’Africain
Yield: 1 cup [which is not going to be enough for you alone]
3/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon confectioners’ sugar
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
Combine the milk, cream and sugar in a saucepan and heat over medium-high head until bubbles appear around edges. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Whisk until melted. You may n eed to returen to low heat. You are going to generate a very thick beverage, part of the charm.