Sunday, May 5, 2013

Peanut Butter Balls



I made a modified version of this recipe today - yum!


Peanut butter balls

original recipe from Praying Twice

Mix together:
2 cup creamy peanut butter
3 cup rice krispies
1lb (3cup) powdered sugar
1/4 cup melted butter

Make balls and dip in melted:
 2 (maybe 3) package milk chocolate chips

Put on cookie sheets in fridge to harden. Enjoy.
Makes about 70 balls.

Here's my 

Modified version

I substituted this for the Rice Krispies - add just enough so it's possible to make balls. 
Spread about 1 cup nuts (I used almonds and walnuts), 1 cup oats, and 1/2 cup seeds (I used pumpkin) on a large cookie sheet. Roast in oven for 10 minutes at 400 or until just starting to turn golden. In food processor or blender (I used vitamix dry blade), grind coarsely. Substitute this for the Rice Krispies, 

I also decreased the sugar to 2 cups.

I used good quality dark chocolate instead of chocolate chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment